Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello!

Hey mom! well I wrote that about the socks thing because there isnt a store that sells a ton of them in one pack like costco here where I am. You have to buy them pair by pair. thats wh I thought of that. But I will probably end up buying some anyways. I think there is a sams club here in obregon, but I haven been there. I might go by today.
And regarding the package, the mission home called me and said that they were going to send missionaries to the DHL office in hermosillo to get it. I think they are going to charge them to pick it up. But the elder said he would call me when they have it. That was last week. So I will just have to wait until the zone leaders go back to hermosillo. And I bought some other stuff online from the church store and have it sent to a sister in the ward here. It was really funny because we went to her house to let her know a package was going to come, and when we got to her house, it had JUST arrived and she freaked out because she wants waitingfor a package. She ended up thinking it was a bomb or something hahah. But we explained and ended up laughing with her for a few minutes.

So we are 3 weeks into this transfer and I am not liking how fast the time flies. days quickly melt into weeks, and weeks into transfers, stransfers to months, and before I even noticed, I have been out for 14 months in the mission! I have loved my time here, and I want it to slow down a bit. I am not even looking forward to the 15th of every month because it means a week closer to home :( I do miss the cold and the mountains and snowboarding, but the mission is such a unique place. I learn something more every day.

So lately I have been able to partake in a very special blessing. The guy that we baptized in December, Guadalupe, has had such a great progress in the church. He goes to every activity, he is going to sign up for institute, and he gets to church early to bless the sacrament. This sunday was special, because it was fast and testimony meeting, and those are ALWAYS my favorite. I challenged him to bear his testimony and agreed on the condition that I bore mine first. So I got up and shared an experience from earlier that week. And while I spoke, he stood up, and moved his way up front. His testimony was the most sincere and spiritual that I had ever heard. It was one of those moments when the spirit doenst just make himself present in the room, he breaks down the walls! I wont ever forget that moment nor how the spirit testified as well of the truthfullness of the church and the reality of the atonement. Repentance does exist. And ONLY though christ. But when it starts to tae effect, it is a powerful, lasting change of heart that works quicker and more effectively than anything else in this world in changing a human heart. Its because the atonement doesnt change just actions. It changes habits, thoughts, feelings, and the purpose of our lives. It sets our focus on christ, and gives us strength to reach that platform of perfection where he dwells. But not alone, rather with our families too. God is perfect and he lives. 

I love all of you at home. Hugs and kisses.

Elder Marsh



No comments:

Post a Comment