Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Letter #2

October 24, 2011

Well, another transfer AND companion down! Elder Alvarez went home today and Elder Islas came in his place! And they they bumped me up to Senior Companion now! So I have the control of the area now, mwahahah! Nope, just kidding, companions should always take in count from the two of them, but the did move me up! Elder Islas barely has 6 Months in the mission, so that means he still has desires to work ;) He is excited to be BACK in Obregon because he started of here in a neighboring area with one of the Elders in the district! So he gets to see his trainer again. He is from Veracruz. I still dont know him to well, but he seems like he will be a good companion. I think I am going to enjoy this transfer a lot :) But we have to start looking for more people to teach like CRAZY because we got "left in white" like we say it here. That is to say the list of investigators in almost blank! But I feel really good about the Mission :)



We had another baptism this weekend. Cynthia was baptized and confirmed a member, and she is very happy! I realized the power and influence of the holy Ghost because the two of them after their baptism looked a lot calmer and pleased with their decisions. Teaching them was a very cool experience and now after baptism we can teach more about the temple and vicarious works so they can go! A recent convert does not need to wait one year to go to the temple. They can go theoretically that same week! Baptisms for the dead is the next step in progression and one can quickly gain a testimony of the temple just shortly after baptism. In fact, I heard that Daniela from Huatabampo went to the temple the past week! Im not sure if she went for sure, but there was a temple trip and she had planned on going. I was very excited to hear that :) I also was informed that Maria Elena, also from Huatabampo, and her husband set a date to be sealed! Im pretty sure they told me in May, so I will be able to go with them to the temple to see their sealing :) I will be very happy that day. And to top it all off, Francisco should be ordained an Elder soon!!! The priesthood is going to help their family so much, because they need extra strength to be able to go to the temple next year too.




Well this last transfer kind of knocked me out of my rythmn. Killing missionaries is tough jeje :) But I think I am going to learn a lot this transfer and I look forward to what I will be taught. I have been learning recently the imprtance of staing positive and happy. The scriptures promise us joy and happiness. They are obviously blessings from God! So, the opposites, saddness, depression, are temptations that impede us from feeling the light and love our Father has for us. And we cant feel the spirit either. It is important to stay happy no matter what, or everything is going to be so much more difficult and we wont be able to recieve help from above. I know the scriptures are true because their promises are real and I have felt and seen them.




I love the mission, and I love spanish. The more I am here, the more I dont want to leave! There is a family in Huatabampo that is already manking plans for me to come back and stay with them haha. The mission is EVERYTHING. Even when it gets rough.




Elder Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment