Monday, September 12, 2011

A Lost Letter? Well, more like never was posted. But, it has been rescued and the publish button pressed so enjoy!!

Hey, how is everyone back at home?! Not too much is going on here, so that is why I havent written too much. Things are a little rough here and I am trying to keep my head on straight. This is probably the roughest part of my mission, but the spiritual confimations are even better.



So a few weeks ago, President Eyring taught me about listening to the Spirit. I have been making EXTRA effort to do that, because I really need the help! I have been amazed at the things I have heard while actually LISTENING for the Masters voice. During the Stake Conference we had, I was litening carefully and I enjoyed a topic from Elder Carlos, one of teh Area Authorities in Mexico. He taught from 3 Nephi and from Elder Dallin H Oaks that "repetition is a principle of learning." So I began to listen for the repetitions. I heard MANY times "confidence in the Lord" and "sacrifice". Later that night, we taught a family home evening lessen with a Part Member family with the Joseph Smith movie and I heard these phrases even more. As I helped my investigator understand what Joseph Smith endured in his life, she felt the spirit. I, guided be the Savior, asked her questions, to see if she was progressing. I asked is she believed that the Gospel was restored by Joseph Smith. She said she was unsure because of the lack of time and experiance in the church. I told her that I just wanted to know if the felt it was true because the knowledge comes later. She said she believed it and that she had a peace and comfort that she hadnt felt before. I felt the spirit inso many ways. That same peace that rushes over. Thoughts and inspirations in your head. Confirmation of the truths you have already learned.



I know that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As a prophet said a testimony is something that the Holy Ghost seals and binds to our souls in a way that we cant forget. I have that testimony that ONLY through our Savior, we are happy, and we can be with our family after this life.



I hope everyone has a good week :) And so you all know, my birthday is he 27. Send me stuff :)



1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Elder Carlos was my Mission President. Odds are slim but it's possible. He was an awesome Mission President.

    ReplyDelete