Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Elder Marsh is experiencing some rainstorms.

Yup, it is raining here! But only at night, because the strong sun comes up and wipes out all of the clouds. Anyways, things are going great! Elder Rosales got here and we went right to work. One day, we went out for a First Visit. We got there, and no one was home. So we starting moving again, lead by the Spirit. Passing by the side streets, doing a few contacts, I didnt feel that we were in the right area. So we turned down another street, and passed a house with a door open. Inside I saw someone. I didnt know if it was man or woman, one or two people. But thats when I felt it. "There" I said, almost outloud. We turned around, knocked on the door, and found Daniela. She is 17 and listened attentively as we taught about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. She accepted baptism in that visit. We came back the next day and her grandma filled here head with all the crazy stuff the "Mormons" believe. SUPPOSEDLY, we only drink orange soda and we cant eat pig meat. Also, we have to pay HALF of our money to the Church. I had never heard these things in my almost 20 years of being a member. :)



So about the hald the money thing, Daniela told us that even if thats what it takes to be a member, she was willing to do it. The Gospel changes people, it is true. But some people already changed, and just need the Gospel. We taught her the law of tithing and she gladly accepted, having found a new job. Something she started to pray for when we taught her how :) She even went to church yesterday! Going to church is the HARDEST commitment for people. In fact, in my almost 5 months in Huatabampo, I have only brought 6 people to church, 5 baptized, one waiting til the 16th of July. And so, of all the people who have come to church here, they all enter the waters of baptism. So we are pretty sure about Daniela :) We are just going to move along with her to her baptismal date! We might even baptize her this week if things work out ;)



I continue to see miracle here in the hot Sonoran Desert. Francisco, who was a hard man with a lot of rage, a man who would have shown up to church without a shirt if we let him, now has the priesthood, shows up with a white shirt and tie (big step for him), and openly shares in class his grand testimony of the power of prayer. I love this work. I love seeing the Lords hand and the power of his love on peoples hearts. It doesnt matter the 110 degree weather or how sweaty I get. There are people ready to live the Gospel here. Out of the hundreds of people, houses, families, "no"s and "yes"s that arent heartfelt, they are here. And every mile is worth my while. Yes, Hercules is an awesome movie :)



I know the church is true. I know prayer is a way to speak with out Father in Heaven. More importantly, I know he listens.



Everyone, take care.

with love,

Elder Marsh



PS. Mom, take pictures of the festivities of the 4th of July! We dont have that here. Indepence day is in September, along with Day of the Dead. Just a taste of the Holidays here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment