Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He's ready to go to Mexico. Now!

Hey, Momma!
I wrote you a letter in the package I sent, so it didn't hit me that I needed to email you. I'm sorry! I'll get better at it. So guess what! Okay, I'll jsut say it. Elder Holland came to speak to us last week! It was SO amazing to hear from my favorite Apostle. He gave such a wonderful, heartfelt talk. It was about missionary work, how important it is, and how it NEEDS to change me, if I've done it right. He talked about Peter who I have come to love. It was so inspired to hear from him. Not a lot is different here, but it is way different here than anywhere else in the world. I am about halfway done with the Book of Mormon and I'm on track to finish reading before I leave the MTC! And also, my companion and I have set a goal to read the Doctrine and Covenants as a companionship before we leave the MTC as well. It can be done! Something I was thinking the other day as I was chatting with Elders learning Georgian, Russian, and I think Croation, is that I know so much Spanish! It has taken me a while to realize how apparent the Gift of Tongues has been in my life. I teach, pray, and just chat in Spanish. I had no idea I'd be speaking and feeling the Spirit like I do this soon. Scriptures are still a bit tough in Spanish. But I'm not worried in the slightest about the language. Not like how I was worried at first. I'm pretty certain I'll servive in Mexico with the help of my Father in Heaven. One thing is for sure. God loves us so much and He gave us families for very specific reasons. Every time we go to do sealings in the temple, I think of how perfect this plan is. How perfect this life is. All because He loves us. It is so important for families to do stuff together. I feel very strongly by way of the Spirit that this mission is preparing me to be a husband and a father. I'm excited for those chapters in my life, but I know I have a lot of work to do. I know He is preparing His Lamanite children in Mexico. One of the toughest things lately has been being patient. I want to be out in the field so badly. I really want to get out of the MTC. I know how amazing this place is, but I've already spent an entire month of my mission! I want to go and see people and see the miracles God works in the world. He has so many children and he loves them all so much. Especially His daughters who become mothers. Especially my mother. I love you, mom. I want you to keep reading scriptures and keep praying so you can feel His love EVERY day, just as He has blessed me to feel. This life is wonderful. Just imaging how much more the Celestial Kingdom will be when we are all there together.
I love you.
But Father loves you more.
Love, You son, Elder Jake Anthony Marsh

P.S. I have a picture and a possibly a different scripture for my mission plaque. I'll send a letter with the memory card and some other instruction as to what I want on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment